Welcome to New Valley Practice
03333 442 988
This is our new group telephone number which is displayed on your 'phone when we call you from any of our locations.
CHECK THE UP-TO-DATE RULES ON FACE COVERINGS
For clear and simple advice about wearing face coverings on public transport, please go to www.keepsafe.org.uk/posters.
You can also print off your own exemption cards without the need for seeing or speaking to a GP.
A quick guide to attending the surgery
All patients will be asked to wash their hands on entering the surgery building and asked whether they are experiencing a new constant cough or fever. Please be patient during this time and help us to minimise the potential spread of infection.
- Cough or fever – call 111 and do NOT attend the surgery. If 111 advises speaking to a GP, telephone the surgery and a GP will call you.
- Same-day GP appointments and questions – if you are unable to complete an eConsult (accessed via a link on our website and responded to within 48 hours) you will be put on a list for someone to contact you. If you need to attend the surgery, we will let you know and arrange this.
- All routine GP appointments – all patients will be telephoned by a GP who will only ask you to come to the surgery if appropriate.
- All nursing appointments – if you do not have a cough or fever, you may attend. If you are unsure about whether you should attend (e.g. you are in a high risk category), the nurse will assess your need to attend by telephone.
- All COVID-19 related questions that are not appropriate for 111, e.g. “am I at high risk”, patients should consult the GOV.UK website (https://www.gov.uk/) and follow the link to Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the first instance. If you do not find the medical information you require, please complete an eConsult (accessed via a link on our website) and you will receive a response within 48 hours.
Booking appointments online
Appointments to see a GP or a nurse for blood tests only are available to book through SystmOnline.
Please note that we do not accept repeat prescriptions by email. You will need to use our secure online system by following this link https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com
Please note that you will need to register first, so please contact our team for details on 03333 442 988.
Improved Access News
We are pleased to be able to provide our patient community with an extended service. Working alongside our local colleagues within the Federation of General Practices, Mid Devon Healthcare will offer a 7 day service. Evening appointments will be available Monday – Friday across the Federation practices, along with a Saturday and Sunday morning service. Please contact the surgery for further information on evening and weekend appointments.
GP National Survey 2018
Check out the results of the recent survey and see how we compare!
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Read the Care Quality Commission's (CQC) report following the inspection of the Newcombes Surgery here CQC report
Visit us on Facebook
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course, we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
(Site updated 27/08/2020)